Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Old and new world

 * Names changed. 
 During childhood , I was a very cheerful kid back then. I was optimistic and fun to be around , the life of the party until I got into year 7. Everything were different.


  I start being more shy and reserved when I was in year 7. I feel the urge to impress people around me and I start being more lady-like. Never knew that instantly , I became popular because of my dad's business in the village. Fear gripped me as I stepped into the new classroom. People looked at me as if I were a freak or 'something'. I was in a Malay government school in village. In the village , there's only one government and high school so I was forced to be in that school that I wish I wasn't there.


  I looked at my old classmates ; Kelvin Chin Jr* , Wawa Afiah* , Simona Bashirah* , Nurul Rahiu* , Emy Eruzi* , Rosilia Anak Adat* , Kisa* and many others. Most of them ignored me and I feel lonely back then. I had only two close friends in the school and other friends that are not true friends. Those other friends will only come and go. 


  I was a melancholy minded kid who always think about nonsense stuffs in my head. I got my first broke up during that year and it was really heart breaking because he was my first. He's Jeremy Koh*. We had little memories together but it was loads of fun. I met him in the Church in the big city. I remember holding his hand and watching 'Boltz' with my sister , Ecila Oov* and a friend , Sheryn Li*. We were together for 6 months and we broke after the White Day because it was my fault. I told him that I like a guy but I didn't say I like that other guy in what way and we got so many misunderstanding. He broke up with me and I cried hard.


  I began to change after that even some people in my school especially the girls in my class really hate me because they said they found me annoying , childish and weird. At first , I was really heart broken , I wanted to get along with them badly but I don't know how so I react that way. 


  Two of my friends during that time were Rina* and Luna*. Luna* sat next to me and Rina* was my ex-classmate during year 7 and year 8 , I was Luna*'s classmate. It was like I was in the loser mode all the time. I wanted to change and I had a crazy idea. I decided to move to the small town : Selivina *.


  Selivina* is a small town far away from my village. It took about 1 or 2 hours to reach there. We have to pass by the big city 'Bapoli*' My village is 'Tamburing*' which need to ride boats for 45 minutes to reach my village. I don't know if I'm a native but I like to go hunt down animals for leisure.


   Selivina* is a very peaceful place filled with friendly people. My sister once warned me about people there. She said , "People there can be either be your best friends or best enemies." Feeling a bit scared , I found my throat was dry.


  Day by day , Ian Wing* became my best friend in my whole life. Never knew a little slap will upside down our friendship. He was my first valentine and first person I told everything to. Usually I would tell everything to Grey Lim*. Grey and his sister ,Samantha Lim* have been my childhood friends ever since young. They are my best friends for more than 10 years.


  Life in Selivina would be better if I didn't do such stupid thing. A few good friends of mine in school : Shirley Chua* , Cherlyn Chin* , Nancy Nam* , Caroline Chung* and others. I was about to get into the group with Eve Chong* , Teresa Ching* , John Sim* , Isabella Chong , Dacy Chong* and others also Eva Chong* , Emily Chua* , Yvonne Goh* and Christina Chua*.


  Life is very interesting and I just found out that Ian used to like Sharon Lim* but he end up liking me in the end. Teresa likes Ian and she hated me. Elli* and Teresa are enemies and Elli has been pressuring me because she wanted to trick Teresa with her best friend , Cassie Chin*.


  Ian had been a real good friend to me for 3 months until the day I accidently slapped him for personal reasons. Which is involved with Shirley and Ian found me annoying now. He would rather talk to Shirley which he usually found her annoying. Suddenly , I found life is getting emptier. A huge space between us during March. I cried non-stop and I would feel really guilty and end up blaming my self. I was all drained out.


  Haley Ho* and Jester Yong* were couples. They really seemed like true love to me. Usually couples wouldn't talk to each other after breaking up but they seemed to be fine with each other even breaking up. I really admire them and see them as celebrities couples.


  During this year around , things really changed. Living with grandparents and cousins instead of parents and sister is feeling a little lost here. I'm close with my mum , Jenny Ail* and my sister , Ecila Oov*. My dad , Frank Oov* is a very strict father who set up high standards for my sister and I. We would had family fight over little matter or  religion problem again.


 I was born in Selivina but I moved to Bapoli and then moved to Tamburing for 6 years. I spend my childhood in a peaceful yet boring village. I was a bit old fashion for dressing up my self so I usually wear long pants with sloppy looking T-shirt. I had long straight hair that I wouldn't bother to comb until I got into primary 5. I like Tamburing for it's peacefulness and the air there is fresh plus the animals are all nice. Animals usually cannot live long or stay long due to unknown reason.


  I recalled an incident about my favourite pet monkey , Chit. She was killed by my ex-servant who had grudge against my family for unknown reason. We aren't sure why he killed our monkey but he got fired my by dad after that. We suspected that he did it but we still hire maids and servants. We are not rich family , just your average Asian family. 


  Sorry if I took too long to typed all these details down. For more information , please either comment on my post or send me an inbox for more details except personal details , thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment